Dreamcatcher, beautifully eliminates your bad dreams

/
0 Holy Milk


"Dreamcatcher of many colors
Will you bring dreams
That come true
Snare the ones that hurt
And sting
Bring the ones that make heart sing
Dreamcatcher, dreamcatcher
Will you be kind
Bring reminder of happy times"

a very lovely dreamcatcher poem posted by anemone4me2



have you ever heard of dream-catcher? Not that Stephen King novel/movie, but these native American object:

From the Chippewa culture, a spider did its reciprocation by giving a Chippewan grandmother a magical spiderweb that will catch nightmares of many children. Then the spider said, "See and learn, for each web will snare bad dreams. Only good dreams will go through the small hole. This is my gift to you. Use it so that only good dreams will be remembered. The bad dreams will become hopelessly entangled in the web."

This charming object also make appearance in one of the Twilight movie, blahs



just finished my own DIY dreamcather this morning
can you point my biggest mistake? hehe

Well, I don't know much about the detail of original tradition of making this magical items, like how many layers or points I should make in one round, etc. Anyway I didn't make it to filter my bad dream for real. Eventhough it will be wonderful if this thing works.

Maybe next time I could make a dreamcather necklace, or wind-bell, or keychain.. But I need to find some feathers from brown eagle. That sounds impossible. How about a chicken feather? :))


First image was taken from wikipedia


Moooooore like this

No comments:

All posted works are not for public use. Powered by Blogger.